- If you are not enrolled on a Blackboard course for a unit you are studying, please first check that you are registered for the unit (via MyBristol – Course info tab – unit registration, or at https://www.bris.ac.uk/studentinfo/), and allow 24 hours after unit registration is complete.
- In Blackboard a course space is created for all units. However, not all academics use Blackboard to support their teaching. So please check with your lecturer to ensure that they are using Blackboard and that they have made the course available.
- If you have checked that you are enrolled on the unit, and your lecturer has confirmed they are using Blackboard and has made the course available, but you still cannot see the course in Blackboard, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
As an Instructor, if under “My courses” on your Blackboard home page you see “not currently available” or “unavailable” after the course, this means the course is unavailable to students. Instructors can still access and edit the course.
Once your course is ready for students to use, ensure that it is made available as follows:
- Click on the course
- Under Control Panel click on Customisation
- Click on Properties
- In section 3 Set availability select Yes
- Click Submit
Your course is now available to students.
Or use the Qwickly tool on your home page
Click Course Availability and turn the On/Off button next to the course to the required state.